Wednesday 14 March 2012

Automated Trading Mastery: Hi All...have been trialing an EA on AUDNZD M30 on...

Automated Trading Mastery: Hi All...have been trialing an EA on AUDNZD M30 on...: Hi All...have been trialing an EA on AUDNZD M30 on a very small account - entry envelopes set to 0.8% on 5ema based on H+L/2 and take profit...

Hi Glen
When the price hits the EMA it has to penetrate it  enough to cover the spread or the fill will not triger. This did not happen in your case and you then stopped out.

cheers
wayne

2 comments:

  1. Hi Wayne, thanks for that, I'm not sure I understand it though as the price didn't reach my stop - it's alright though as I think it had to do with the spread at that period of time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Glenn, let me get this right - you're saying that your trade closed out where the close arrow indicates and nowhere near any price action? I've got a half-dozen instances like that on the AUDNZD. [I've tried to copy one example here, but it doesn't seem to have worked - can you tell me how you do it?]. In my example, again it was nowhere near the price action, nor stops. Given it was Sat morn I thought it might have been timed out by the parameters, but it was still well short of that. It's annoying - it's a 1/2 dozen trades at this early stage which should have gone the other way. Anyone have any answers please?

    ReplyDelete